Monday, September 11, 2017
Balsamic Braised Beef Short Ribs with Dark Star Cellars ~ 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon
Serves: 4-6 servings
2-3 lbs. of bone-in beef short ribs
1 tablespoon of coconut oil
15 oz. can of tomato sauce
½ cup of balsamic vinegar
4 whole dried dates
6 garlic cloves, smashed
1 teaspoon of black pepper
2 tablespoons of course sea salt
1 tablespoon of dried rosemary
1 tablespoon of dried sage
1 tablespoon of garlic powder
1 tablespoon of onion powder
1 tablespoon of paprika
1. In a small bowl, mix together course sea salt, dried rosemary, dried sage, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and black pepper.
2. Pat dry bone-in beef short ribs. Rub spice blend into both sides of the short ribs.
3. Heat a large skillet to medium high heat. Add coconut oil to pan and sear the short ribs for 2-3 minutes per side or until slightly browned.
4. Put the short ribs in a slow cooker with a tomato sauce, balsamic vinegar, whole dried dates, and smashed garlic cloves.
5. Cook for 4-6 hours on low or until beef is tender.
6. Serve with Honey Roasted Carrots Notes: Recipe from Practical Paleo