|On the Way to Harvest|
- The vines begin to flower, eventually producing clusters of grapes
- The canopy continues to grow and canopy management becomes increasingly more important
- As the grapes grow and mature, they begin to develop their coloring (variations depend on the varietals)
- As the summer heat increases, the grapes soak up the heat, which increases the sugars and helps the fruit ripen—all of which sets the stage for harvest
- By July, flowering is usually complete and the vineyard manager has a clearer understanding of the potential crop size.